Thursday, September 20, 2012

Portrait

1. Explain the process you went through to develop your drawing.
The process of this drawing was pretty difficult.  I had to first trace the values of the photo onto tracing paper.  Then I had to transfer it to the sketchbook and color in the different values.  If you messed up the slightest bit you would have to start over that step.
2. Explain how you found the different values in the portrait?
It was easy to find the values once you found the first few.  Your eyes just keeps finding more and more values everywhere you look at the photo.  It was actually pretty fun finding the different values.
3.  Did you achieve a full range of the different values within your portrait?  How?
I believe i did find all 10 values in my portrait.  You just start going on a roll when looking for the values.
4. Describe your craftsmanship.  Is the artwork executed and crafted neatly?
I believe I could've done a much better job and put a lot more effort into it next time.  I did not focus on it for very long but I think if I did it would've looked much better.
5. List any obstacles you had to overcome and how you dealt with them.Finding the values was an obstacle at first but I got the hang of it pretty quickly.  But tracing and transferring was the worst because I kept moving the paper and it would alter the portrait.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice work. I really like the values. They all go together very nicely

    ReplyDelete