Monday, October 22, 2012

Bird The Sequel

1.     Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement).
  I feel that the balance of positive and negative needs some work because it's more yellow and not enough black.  The rhythm of it I feel is very peaceful and simplistic compared to some others.  There isn't a lot going on in this print and I like that.
2.     How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why?
 The texture could use some work as well but I used the positive and negatice space plus the super thin cutter to add texture to the bird and branches.  It's super important because it adds dimension to the bird and branches.
3.     Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image.
 I used the negative space on the wings, beak, and horn of the cockatoo because those are the three most important part of the bird so I wanted it to be seen.
4.     Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically crafted)
 I think this print is very, very good because it's so simple and and peaceful.  There isn't a lot going on so you can focus on the big picture.
5.     Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain.
 I was able to achieve depth because I used the ink very well around the bird.
6.     Explain your experience with Printmaking. What were the obstacles and advantages?
 It was hard finding a good animal to print and addnig texture using the cutter was hard too.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most beautiful bird I've ever seen. When I gaze into its eyes, I can't help but cry tears of joy.

    ... Had to delete my previous comment due to a horrible grammatical error. I appologize for the INCONVENIENCE.

    ReplyDelete